The App Business is looking for a talented Junior Strategist to drive the development of industry-transforming mobile products.
With at least 1-2 years of experience working as a Strategist in technology, design or with technology businesses you will join a growing community of practice to hone and apply your skills.
You will be responsible for guiding some of the world’s biggest businesses (Ford, BP, Visa, Unilever, News UK, TfL) through the radical changes thrust upon them by the digital world, helping them identify opportunities to come out ahead.
As part of the growing Strategy community of practice, you will work in cross-functional teams to get deep under the skin of our clients’ businesses, their customers, and the role technology could play for both. You will then develop strategies to create powerful experiences and commercial success, as well as helping clients find ways to adapt to change faster.
You will work with designers and engineers in closely integrated agile teams to create and iterate products that use technology to make the world better. You will also work with our business development team to find and attract clients who share this goal.
You must have
- A passion for the transformative effect of mobile and software on the world.
- An itch to be part of a team that builds real solutions, rather than just ‘strategizing’.
- The ability to think in both business and behavioural models, analysing client’s business challenges using classic models and cutting-edge analysis to develop deep insight into customer behaviour.
- A strong appreciation of what makes a great user experience, and how that translates into success for businesses.
- Excellent client-facing skills, and the ability to present and communicate strategies, concepts and ideas clearly.
- A team mentality, with the ability to crack a problem collaboratively with colleagues and clients.
- 1-2 years experience working as a Strategist, ideally in technology, design or with technology businesses.
- An undergraduate degree at 2:1 or above.
It's nice if you have
- Experience of performing audience research, and knowledge of user profiling or segmentation.
- Experience of agile development or project management methodologies.
- Experience working on new business pitches.
- An understanding of organisational and process design.
- Experience identifying design opportunities and solving design challenges.
Our interview process consists of two to three rounds, starting with an initial telephone interview. If successful, we will invite you to meet with us face to face, where you will demonstrate your thinking ability as well as your skills and experiences. So, if The App Business sounds like the sort of unique challenge that matches your ambitions, please get in touch with our HR team.