We are looking for a passionate, dedicated Senior Software Engineer who cares about giving our customers a great experience just as much as they do making world class software.
Our purpose is simple - create mobile experiences that make the world work better for billions of people. It’s a lofty one, but when we inject our mobile specialism into some of the biggest companies in the world, we ship game changing products.
Whether its rebuilding essential weather services with the Met Office, transforming journey planning with Go-Ahead Group, or evolving how TfL tests brakes on their tube trains - our cross-functional team of engineers, designers, strategists, product owners and Agile specialists are ready to take on the challenge.
As the biggest team of mobile specialists in the UK, we are always ready for what’s coming next. We believe that the app is dead, as we see user experiences unbundle into a multitude of emerging platforms and touchpoints all with their own take on technology and development approach. Everything from a speaker in your car, to a watch on your wrist and intelligent microservices in the cloud.
You will need to be an adaptable, flexible engineer that puts the technology and software design approach at the forefront of your skill, but understand the value in making it simple enough that end users and our clients don’t know the software exists.
At TAB, our engineers are:
- Technology agnostic, polyglot engineers - always seeking to use the right tools for the right job,
- Working on server-side development, as well as cutting-edge areas of machine learning and IOT,
- Continuously solving complex programming problems in a clean and test-driven way,
- Working as part of cross-functional Agile teams, alongside Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Designers,
- Working closely with our enterprise clients, leading organisations in industries such as automotive, retail, transport and finance.
You must be:
- A skilled engineer, who is always looking to further your craft,
- An experienced advocate of XP practices, cloud architecture and deployment automation,
- Passionate about technology, and thrive when dealing with the cutting-edge and the unknown,
- Able to solve challenging technical and non-technical problems independently and autonomously,
- An excellent communicator who can work effectively as part of a collaborative team and alongside clients,
- An experienced and trusted adviser to the business; willing to support and mentor your team to success.
You may also be:
- Experienced with building and delivering large scale applications for enterprise clients,
- Experienced working with cross-functional teams using agile practices and continuous delivery,
- Successful with developing and executing technical strategy and leadership,
- Experienced with advising or implementing DevOps solutions.
Interviews & Process:
Our interview process consists of three rounds, starting with an initial technical test. If successful, we would then invite you for a telephone interview and following this we will then invite you to meet with us face to face, where you will demonstrate your thinking ability as well as your skills and experiences. So if The App Business sounds like the sort of unique challenge that matches your ambitions, please get in touch with our HR team.