The App Business is looking for a talented Test Engineer to help us build and evolve our testing strategy and test team across an exciting range of projects. We hire passionate, dedicated testers who love to explore and question every step of the software development lifecycle in an open environment.
Our ideal Test Engineer believes that testing is a collaborative activity, and gets involved with feature development from day one. They contribute to the quality, robustness and reliability of the products we create, and will have the confidence to say “we can’t ship that” if these things are compromised.
At the App Business, we believe nothing should impede you from doing your best work. So, we’ve structured the company around this principle in order to give individuals the autonomy to make decisions, to encourage experimentation, and to think big.
If you want to learn and grow in a supportive environment whilst doing your best work then you are just what we’re looking for.
- A technical expert in helping to deliver quality software
- Involved in innovating and defining how the product you build will work and function
- Learning and collaborating within agile teams
- Focused on new ideas to improve the development process and to keep The App Business ahead of the competition
- An avid champion of exploratory and context driven testing techniques
You must have:
- Experience in questioning and championing from a Testing perspective
- The ability to become a subject matter expert for a product
- Excellent experience of Behavioural Development
- Rigour in different testing techniques, test design and test strategies
- Awareness of cross-device, compatibility issues and the challenges they pose to quality
- Experience of working in an Agile team
- The ability and drive to work outside of your comfort zone
It's nice if you have:
- Experience with a UI automation framework
- Experience with API and Database testing
- Exposure to and understanding of mobile network architecture and networking principles
- Experience using build and version control tools such Gradle and GIT
- Exposure to the larger Testing community
- A university degree at 2:1 or above