TAB is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
TAB may change this policy from time to time by updating this policy document. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from May 2015.
What we collect
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.theappbusiness.com. Typically, this includes (but is not exclusive to) registration forms for content including subscribing to newsletters, downloadable PDFs or requests for further services, surveys or complaints procedures;
Records of your correspondence (if any) with us;
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access;
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information.
- This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not personally identify you.
- A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, improving your overall experience of a site. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- For this reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
- Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
- They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to aggregate preferences;
- To speed up your searches; and
- To recognise you when you return to the Site.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site.
- More information about cookies, and how to disable them, can be found here: www.allaboutcookies.org
What we do with the information we gather
- We require information about you to understand your needs and provide you with a better and more responsive service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
We may use the information to improve our services
We may periodically send promotional emailsabout new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Links to third party sites
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control or responsibility for a third party website.
- Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
- You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Storing your personal data
- Information that we collect may on occasion be transferred and stored outside of the European Union for the purpose of supplying our goods or services to you. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- Details of the persons and countries to which your information is disclosed will be provided on request.
- In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
- Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosure of information
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any). An up to date list of the companies currently part of TAB LLP is available upon request.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party
- Or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- Where the transfer or disclosure would otherwise be in compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the details under point 8.1;
- You may You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at the details under point 8.1. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the details under point 8.1. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.