TAB's purpose is simple - create mobile experiences that make the world work better for billions of people. It’s a lofty one, but when we inject our mobile specialism into some of the biggest companies in the world, we can create game changing products.
Whether its reimagining essential weather services with the Met Office, Transforming journey planning with Go-Ahead Group or evolving how TfL test brakes on the tube, our team of cross-functional engineers, designers, strategists, product owners and Agile specialists are ready to take on the challenge.
As the biggest team of mobile specialists in the world (over 500 people globally), we believe that the opportunity for our team is incredibly exciting, as we see user experiences unbundle from smartphones into a multitude of emerging platforms and touch points such as cars, speakers and wearable’s.
Our ambition is to create a nurturing environment that allows every member of our team to help their teammates become the best version of themselves through excellent servant leadership.
We work in a fast-paced, Agile environment, delivering sophisticated software that is critical to the operations of many of our clients. We’re constantly learning, and striving to improve our craft, and work in cross-functional teams – keen to learn from others and pass on your own knowledge to improve those around us.
We believe nothing should be an impediment for us to do our best work and we have structured the company around this principle, in order to give people the autonomy to make decisions, encourage experimentation and think big.
If you have passion, skill, and want to join a us in building great software, and continuing to break boundaries with new ideas and concepts, then apply now and tell us how you will help shape and make a difference here at The App Business.
- Contributing to design and spec discussions and planning.
- Writing technical architecture and component specs.
- Developing fluid, reusable libraries.
- Engineering alpha, beta and release candidate apps.
- Testing and fixing.
You must have
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Ability to work effectively within cross-functional/multi-skilled teams.
- Demonstrable experience of writing Android apps in Java or Kotlin.
- Unit testing experience
- An understanding of common architectural patterns (such as MVP, MVVM, etc.) and why such patterns are important.
- A solid understanding of data persistence.
- Experience integrating with RESTful web service APIs.
- Knowledge of Reactive Functional Programming principles and applying them using RxJava.
- Experience with third party tools (some would include Dagger 2, Retrofit, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written English.
It’s nice if you have:
- Experience using Kotlin in projects.
- Test-Driven Development and Behaviour-driven Development.
- An app published in the PlayStore or some code on GitHub.
- Experience leading a team of other developers.
- Experience in UI testing with Espresso.
- Understanding of the new Architecture Components.
- Passion for building slick user interfaces.
- Good understanding of visual design and UX, Material Design.
Our application and interview process
Our interview process consists of an initial technical phone screen followed by a technical challenge. If successful, we would then invite you for an onsite interview where you will pair programme with one of our developers in order to demonstrate your thinking ability as well as your skills and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.