TAB's purpose is simple: to create products that make the world work better. It’s a lofty one, but when we inject our mobile specialism into some of the biggest companies in the world, we create game-changing products.
As the biggest team of mobile specialists in the world (over 500 people globally and over 150 in London), we believe that the opportunity for our team is increasingly exciting, as we see user experiences unbundle from smartphones into a multitude of emerging platforms and touchpoints such as cars, speakers and wearables.
The Intern Product/Experience Designer role in a nutshell:
As a Design Intern you're likely to be just starting or early in your career. Unlike an Associate you won’t be expected to have had much, if any, industry experience, so we'll pair you with other designers to ensure you'll be supported throughout your projects. We'll also give you responsibility early, enabling you to learn and grow quickly. The wider Design discipline (including other Designers) will also be available to support your project work and career development. This role is a paid internship.
As an Intern Product/Experience Designer at TAB, you:
- Are self-motivated, learning your craft through hands-on product work and mentorship.
- Handle briefed design tasks effectively delivering to a high standard with minimal oversight.
- Work with your team to set your daily agenda and manage your workload.
- Understand the TAB principles and are able to use them to make your work stronger.
- Ask for help when you need it and are enthusiastic about improving your knowledge and skills.
- Are excited about new opportunities offered on projects and products.
- Are eager to identify work to do and learn; focused on finding solid solutions to problems.
- Contribute to the Design team, taking advantage of the opportunities to improve your craft.
- Hone your verbal and written presentation skills in a safe team environment.
- Have a point of view on TAB, and have an understanding of how your role contributes.
The type of person we would love to meet:
- You’re passionate about how things look, feel and work.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You want to drive your design decisions and rationalise them using research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing insights.
- You’ll be at your most effective collaborating with engineers, strategists and other team members to respond to the constraints of any project.
Applying for the role:
Please share examples of your work as PDFs or online case studies with your application. We’re interested in the activities you go through as you research, test and present your thinking and conclusions. For example; use of data, interviews, workshops, sketches, concepts, flows, experience maps, prototypes etc. ‘Finished’ visual designs are not the only focus here. All supplied examples will be handled in complete confidence.
TAB believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every TABber to share what matters to them, subsequently creating a culture where every person, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of TAB!