TAB is looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial and dedicated Product Owner to join our growing team in London. Part product specialist, project manager and account manager, Product Owners at TAB work with our expert in-house teams to deliver innovative, market-leading digital products for major clients including NatWest, Tesco, MINI, CompareTheMarket and Unilever.
As a Product Owner, you’ll work with customers and stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of the problems they are trying to solve. You’ll take responsibility for defining or evolving the ‘vision’ for the product, ensuring that every member of the team understands that vision and is inspired by it. Ultimately you will own the product roadmap, using your strategic insight and feedback from various sources to iteratively evolve features according to user and client needs. Day by day you’ll work in close collaboration with developers, UX and product designers, product strategists, solutions architects, test engineers and other mobile experts to deliver high-quality software which is a pleasure to use..
Although we value self-organising teams, the Product Owner will often find their natural leadership skills called upon as they take responsibility for ensuring that software is delivered on time, on budget - and in a way that meets the business expectations. This is a rewarding, creative and challenging role which demands initiative, resourcefulness and good problem-solving skills.
If you have passion, skill, and want to join us in building great software and continuing to break boundaries with new ideas and concepts, then apply now and tell us how you will make a difference here at The App Business.
You will be:
- Commercially aware and a natural strategic thinker.
- Organised and pro-active, with strong attention to detail.
- A natural team player, who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues and clients alike.
- Flexible and adaptable, with a 'can-do' approach and solid problem-solving skills.
- Focused on delivery, with a passion for quality and innovation.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and will contribute to ongoing organisational improvements.
You must have:
- Relevant experience working as a product owner, business analyst, project or account manager or a consultant, ideally in technology or a related field.
- A proven track record of delivering high profile, user-oriented solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to clearly articulate a product vision or strategy to others, and to ensure that everyone retains their focus on this vision throughout the project.
- Excellent client facing skills, with the ability to build trusted relationships with clients of all levels.
- A strong level of commercial awareness and a strategic mind with the ability to identify business opportunities and contribute to delivering against them for clients.
- Great organisational skills with the ability to thrive in a demanding environment whilst juggling multiple priorities.
- Superlative communication skills at all levels and in all mediums, from emails to formal documents and both written and oral presentations.
- An appreciation of what makes a good user experience, and the ability to balance this against other competing priorities.
- A highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude, even in the face of demanding deadlines.
It's nice if you have:
- A working background in mobile software development.
- Experience in agile development or project management methodologies.
- The ability to capture requirements from business stakeholders and interpret and articulate these requirements to development teams.
- Experience of driving product and/or new feature development through the various stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in creating wireframes for customer journeys.
- Budget management experience.
- Undergraduate degree at 2:1 or above.
TAB's purpose is simple - create mobile experiences that make the world work better for billions of people. It's a lofty one, but when we inject our mobile specialism into some of the biggest companies in the world, we create game-changing products.
Whether it's reimagining essential weather services with the Met Office, transforming home grocery shopping with Tesco, or evolving how Transport for London tests brakes on London Underground, our teams of mobile specialists are ready to take on the challenge.
As the biggest team of mobile experts in the world (over 500 people globally), we believe that the opportunity for our team is increasingly exciting, as we see user experiences unbundle from smartphones into a multitude of emerging platforms and touch points such as cars, speakers and wearables.
Our ambition is to create a diverse, nurturing environment that allows every member of our team to express themselves through the creative work that they do.
As a company, we know it is important to acknowledge the effort our people put in - which is why we have a great range of benefits in place, which increase as people grow and develop within TAB. It is one of the many ways we say thank you, and has led to us to our 4.5 star rating on Glassdoor.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work at, apply now!