TAB's purpose is simple - create mobile experiences that make the world work better for billions of people. It’s a lofty one, but when we inject our mobile specialism into some of the biggest companies in the world, we can create game changing products.
Whether its reimagining essential weather services with the Met Office, Transforming journey planning with Go-Ahead Group or evolving how TfL test brakes on the tube, our team of cross-functional engineers, designers, strategists, product owners and Agile specialists are ready to take on the challenge.
As the biggest team of mobile specialists in the world (over 500 people globally), we believe that the opportunity for our team is incredibly exciting, as we see user experiences unbundle from smartphones into a multitude of emerging platforms and touch points such as cars, speakers and wearable’s.
Our ambition is to create a nurturing environment that allows every member of our team to help their teammates become the best version of themselves through excellent servant leadership.
We are adaptable and flexible engineers that puts the technology and software design approach at the forefront of our skills, but understand the value in making it simple enough that end user’s and clients don’t know the software exists. We working closely with our enterprise clients, leading organisations in industries such as automotive, retail, transport and finance.
At TAB, our engineers are:
- Technology agnostic, polyglot engineers - always seeking to use the right tools for the right job,
- Working on server-side development, as well as cutting-edge areas of machine learning and IOT,
- Continuously solving complex programming problems in a clean and test-driven way,
- Working as part of cross-functional Agile teams, alongside Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Designers,
- Working closely with our enterprise clients, leading organisations in industries such as automotive, retail, transport and finance.
You must be:
- A skilled engineer, who is always looking to further your craft,
- An experienced advocate of XP practices, cloud architecture and deployment automation,
- Passionate about technology, and thrive when dealing with the cutting-edge and the unknown,
- Able to solve challenging technical and non-technical problems independently and autonomously,
- An excellent communicator who can work effectively as part of a collaborative team and alongside clients,
- An experienced and trusted adviser to the business; willing to support and mentor your team to success.
You may also be:
- Experienced with building and delivering large scale applications for enterprise clients,
- Experienced working with cross-functional teams using agile practices and continuous delivery,
- Successful with developing and executing technical strategy and leadership,
- Experienced with advising or implementing DevOps solutions.
Interviews & Process:
Our interview process consists of three rounds, starting with an initial technical test. If successful, we would then invite you for a telephone interview and following this we will then invite you to meet with us face to face, where you will demonstrate your thinking ability as well as your skills and experiences. So if The App Business sounds like the sort of unique challenge that matches your ambitions, please get in touch with our HR team.