TAB's purpose is simple - to craft mobile experiences that make the world work better for billions of people. When we combine our teams’ talents with some of the most significant companies in the world, we can create groundbreaking products.We believe that the opportunities are deeply exciting, as we see experiences unbundle from web and smartphone into a multitude of emerging platforms and touchpoints such as wearables, voice and mobility. Our cross-functional teams have already worked across all of these – want to join them?
About our Design team
As part of our 20 strong design team you'll be working on products and services for some of the world’s biggest brands. We are involved from planning through to execution, becoming an ever-present advocate for the user. You'll help the team to make informed design decisions, placing the needs of the user and the business at the centre of every piece work.
You're primarily focused on human-centred design, backed by a broad knowledge of design patterns, iconography, typography and colour theory. You're concepting and visualising solutions in response to the problems, ideas and opportunities you help extract from users and partners. You drive your design decisions and rationalise them using research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing insights. You're most effective collaborating alongside engineers, strategists and other team members to respond to the constraints of any project.
About the role
As a Senior Product Designer you'll be critical to every project you are on; able to draw on your breadth of knowledge in design to influence and lead many of the project's design decisions. You'll also be mentoring other designers, both in day-to-day project activities and as part of more formal career development across the Design team.
All designers at TAB are:
- Confident using Sketch, Keynote, Adobe Suite and prototyping tools of your choice.
- Keen to be client-facing, supporting the presentation of their latest design work.
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn, through books, articles, meet-ups etc.
- Naturally collaborative, ego-free and able to give and take design critique constructively.
- Familiar with agile methods and terminology, and/or general software dev environments.
- Actively involved in growing the team by finding and attracting design talent.
- Designing, prototyping and building products used by people every day.
As a Senior Product Designer at TAB, you:
- Are master of your craft, confident of taking on challenges that you've not tried before.
- Are the gatekeeper of and accountable for the quality of the products you work on.
- Set the agenda and tempo for the more junior members of the Design team.
- Coach other designers to rapidly progress their careers and contribution to TAB.
- Provide context and coaching for product and Design team members in ways of working.
- Help define the strategic agenda of the Design team.
- Encourage the product teams to try new approaches and ways of doing things.
- Explore innovative ways of creating ideas, bringing them to life and presenting them.
- Look at the bigger picture to give client and customer context for design decisions.
- Want to present your own thinking, ideas and design work at pitches.
- Use past experience and client knowledge to spot and resolve problems.
- Are confident in taking on challenging conversations and situations to get to the best product.
- Represent TAB publicly by participating in talks, events and conferences.
Applying for the role
Please share examples of your work as PDFs or online case studies with your application. We’re interested in the activities you go through as you research, test and present your thinking and conclusions. For example; use of data, interviews, workshops, sketches, concepts, flows, experience maps, prototypes etc. ‘Finished’ visual designs are not the only focus here. All supplied examples will be handled in complete confidence.
As a company, we know it is important to acknowledge the effort our people put in - which is why we have a great range of benefits in place, which increase as people grow and develop within TAB. It is one of the many ways we ensure we say thank you, and has lead to us ranking as 'Outstanding' in the independent Best Companies Index and as UK’s Top 25 fastest growing companies.If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, apply now.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.