TAB's purpose is simple: to create products that make the world work better It’s a lofty one, but when we inject our mobile specialism into some of the biggest companies in the world, we create game-changing products.
As the biggest team of mobile specialists in the world (over 500 people globally and over 150 in London), we believe that the opportunity for our team is increasingly exciting, as we see user experiences unbundle from smartphones into a multitude of emerging platforms and touchpoints such as cars, speakers and wearables.
We are now expanding our offering and opening up an office in Edinburgh, become one of the pioneers for our new move!
The Senior Product Designer role in a nutshell:
As a Senior Product Designer you'll be critical to every project you are on; able to draw on your breadth of knowledge in design to influence and lead many of the project's design decisions. You'll also be mentoring other designers, both in day-to-day project activities and as part of more formal career development across the Design team.
You're primarily focused on human-centred design, backed by a broad knowledge of design patterns, iconography, typography and colour theory. You're concepting and visualising solutions in response to the problems, ideas and opportunities you help extract from users and partners. You drive your design decisions and rationalise them using research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing insights. You're most effective collaborating alongside engineers, strategists and other team members to respond to the constraints of any project.
All Designers at TAB are:
- Confident using Sketch, Keynote, Adobe Suite and prototyping tools of your choice
- Keen to be client-facing, supporting the presentation of their latest design work
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn, through books, articles, meet-ups etc
- Naturally collaborative, ego-free and able to give and take design critique constructively
- Familiar with agile methods and terminology, and/or general software dev environments
- Actively involved in growing the team by finding and attracting design talent
- Designing, prototyping and building products used by people every day
The type of person we would love to meet:
- A master of your craft, confident of taking on challenges that you've not tried before
- You enjoy setting the agenda and tempo for the more junior members of the Design team
- You love to coach other designers to rapidly progress their careers and contribution to TAB
- You provide context and coaching for product and Design team members in ways of working
- You help define the strategic agenda of the Design team
- You encourage the product teams to try new approaches and ways of doing things
- You are excited to explore innovative ways of creating ideas, bringing them to life and presenting them
- You look at the bigger picture to give client and customer context for design decisions
- You want to present your own thinking, ideas and design work at pitches
- You pull on past experience and client knowledge to spot and resolve problems
- You are confident in taking on challenging conversations and situations to get to the best product
- You are passionate about representing TAB publicly by participating in talks, events and conference
Applying for this role:
Please share examples of your work as PDFs or online case studies with your application. We’re interested in the activities you go through as you research, test and present your thinking and conclusions. For example; use of data, interviews, workshops, sketches, concepts, flows, experience maps, prototypes etc. ‘Finished’ visual designs are not the only focus here. All supplied examples will be handled in complete confidence.
TAB believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every TABber to share what matters to them, subsequently creating a culture where every person, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of TAB!