TAB's purpose is simple - create mobile experiences that make the world work better for billions of people. It’s a lofty one, but when we inject our mobile specialism into some of the biggest companies in the world, we can create game-changing products.
Whether it’s reimagining essential weather services with the Met Office, Transforming journey planning with Go-Ahead Group or evolving how TfL test brakes on the tube, our team of cross-functional engineers, designers, strategists, product owners, and Agile specialists are ready to take on the challenge.
As the biggest team of mobile specialists in the world (over 500 people globally and 140 in London), we believe that the opportunity for our team is incredibly exciting, as we see user experiences unbundle from smartphones into a multitude of emerging platforms and touchpoints such as cars, speakers and wearables.
The Test Engineer role in a nutshell:
TAB is looking for a talented Test Engineer to help us build and evolve our test team and test strategy across an exciting range of projects. We hire passionate, dedicated testers who love to explore and question every step of the software development lifecycle in an open environment.
At TAB we believe that quality is core to everything we are involved with. We believe collaboration, empowerment, and communication are the key contributors to success. We feel that having the ability to be open and honest about the quality of what we work on is fundamental to the robustness and reliability of the products we create.
If you want to learn and grow in a supportive environment whilst doing your best work then read on...
- A dedicated advocate of delivering quality software
- Involved in innovating and defining how the products we build will work and function
- Learning and collaborating within Agile teams
- Create and help drive new ideas that challenge and improve what we do at TAB
- Using a combination of exploratory and context-driven testing to ensure quality from start to finish
- Nurture and grow the test team, its culture, and practices
The type of person we would love to meet:
- Confidence to question and challenge from a Testing perspective
- The ability to quickly become a subject matter expert
- Knowledge of different testing techniques, test designs, and test strategies
- Awareness of cross-platform complexities and their impact on quality
- Experience of working in an Agile team
- Enthusiasm to work outside of your comfort zone
- Demonstrable initiative - you like to think outside of the box
- The ability to be adaptable and learn quickly
It's nice (but not essential) if you have some of these:
- Experience in Automation, and knowing when, where and what to automate - and the value it brings
- A good knowledge of Mobile Device platforms
- Experience of using Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) collaboratively
- An understanding of networking principles
- Experience with API testing
- An understanding of CI/CD practices
- Exposure to the larger Testing community
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.